Quick location is the key. Learn more about this easy-to-use locator from General Pipe Cleaners.
The new Gen-Eye Hot-Spot pipe locator from General Pipe Cleaners makes locating easier than ever. Its total field antenna array and on-screen icons lead you right to your target, without a long learning curve. Whether you’re an experienced pro or a first-time user, you can quickly locate inspection cameras, sondes, active power lines and utility lines with pinpoint accuracy. No need to interpret numbers and bar graphs.
The easy-to-see auto backlit LCD display shows you the way with arrows that point you in the right direction every time. Utility line location and active buried power line locating are just as easy. The Hot-Spot is the industry’s most rugged locator. The dustproof locator is dirt- and water-resistant and IP65 rated. It passed the 1-meter drop test and the screen passed the 18-inch steel ball drop test.
Just follow the three-step process:
Step one: On-screen arrows point you in the right direction; no need to interpret numbers and bar graphs.
Step two: When all four arrows point back toward each other indicating you’re at the null point, you’ve found the pipe location.
Step three: Now move the Hot-Spot locator between the null points. When you’re directly over the camera, the diamond appears at the center of the circle indicating the camera location. Depth will automatically appear on the screen as well. The line location compass will tell you which way the pipe lays.
If you’re locating buried utilities or active power lines, circle the energized pipe or active power line until the diamond appears on the line.
Hot-Spot locator features:
- Easy-to-read display: Icons lead you to your target; auto backlight lets you locate in dimly lit areas.
- Total field antenna array: Allows you to locate from any direction.
- Line direction compass: Tells you the lay of the pipe.
- Industry’s most rugged locator: Its IP65 rating is the industry’s highest for performing in dusty, dirty or wet job site conditions. Passed 1-meter drop test; screen passed 18-inch steel ball drop test.
- Superior battery life: Lasts approximately 30 hours — more than twice as long as others. An automatic shutdown feature saves power.
- Expanded frequencies: Locates two sonde frequencies (512 Hz and 33 KHz), two power frequencies (60 and 180 Hz), and four line frequencies with external transmitter (1, 8, 33 and 65 KHz).
- Upgradeable software: Use the USB port to upgrade software in the field or for a screen capture.
- Simple, menu-based user interface: No need for multiple screens; easy-to-access menus make it easier to use than other locators.
The Gen-Eye Hot-Spot pipe locator is so easy to use, you’ll find locating to be faster and more productive. That means more profitability for your business. To really appreciate how easy the Gen-Eye Hot-Spot is to use, you have to try it for yourself. For a free demonstration, or to see General’s complete line of camera inspection systems, contact the Drain Brains at General at 800/245-6200, or visit www.drainbrain.com/hotspot.
General Pipe Cleaners is a leading manufacturer of high-quality drain cleaning equipment since 1930. General serves drain cleaning professionals and plumbing contractors, as well as facilities managers, the rental industry and the hardware/home center market. The Toughest Tools Down The Line.